Illustrated History –
46+ years of camping
June 25, 2014
1. Coleman Canvas tent 1974-76
2. 1976- Surveyor Vancamper
3. 1988 -25’ Skyline Aljo Travel Trailor & Bronco
4. 1993 -28’ Wilderness 5th Wheel & Dodge Ram.
5. 2002 -31’ Montana 5th Wheel & GMC Sierra Duramax
6. 2007- Newmar Dutch Star 40’ motorhome & Jeep Liberty.
7. 2014 - We move to a 2012 43’ Dutch Star & 2011 Jeep GC
8. 2015 - purchase of 375 Oak Cove at TGO Florida
9. 2018 - purchase 6 Sunset (2nd RV lot) at TGO in Florida
Your RV Navigators have a few years of camping experience.
e would love to hear your story whether recent or old.
We have had several listeners ask us about our camping experience and how we got started. This page is dedicated to sharing our camping history with our listeners. W
Second hand reports just are not the same as being there your self, so we make it priority to see as much of the world as our time and money will allow. We have reached the 90 country mark in addition to all 50 states and many regions.
We’ve also done over 94 cruises since 1973. To see the ships and
itineraries, click here .
Martha does a daily blog of our experiences while we’re on the road. This will keep you abreast of our latest adventures and give us some feedback.
After getting married in 1970, our honeymoon was a canoeing trip to Minnesota’s Boundary Waters for a week. We have been camping in one form or another ever since. The photos illustrate a few of the major milestones in our camping experience. As of 2018, we have camped in 49 states, Mexico, Canada, several countries in Europe, New Zealand, and South Africa. As you can see we started small and economical in a blue Coleman tent and progressed to our current motorhome. Retirement has allowed us to spend much more time on the road, but as educators we spent most summers on the road since getting married. We love to see the world first hand and to form our own impressions of distant places.
• 2015 Purchase of a RV lot at The Great Outdoors in Florida
• 2004 Dutch Star great coach that we drove for 7 years.
• Tent camping on Lake Superior 1974
• Van Camping in Arizona, 1976
• the lavish convertable bed
• Aljo TT in Alaska, 1989
• 5th Wheelin’ in the Upper Peninsula of MIchigan
• (left) Much younger RV Navigators hiking the Grand Canyon in 1976
• (above) Montana 5er in Indiana.
Photos from clockwise from the top:
• 2012 43’ All Electric Dutch Star purchased in 2014
NAME RV Navigators - Ken and Martha
LOCATION Chicago, Illinois and the World
SUBJECTS The RV Lifestyle as they live it since 2006